Wednesday, September 1, 2010

...to find a new hobby other than shopping

I got lots of good deals today, although it is such a pain to get myself organized before hitting the stores.  And don't even get me started on the dirty looks other customers shoot my way when they see my huge pile of coupons, but I digress... Tops is my favorite store this week - Double Dollar Coupons!!  10 years ago I never would have believed this could be so exciting - ahh, how things change... I used to look forward to "80's night" at Rumour's night club, and now I am thrilled to save an extra dollar.  Oh well... anyway - My shopping trips for today:


Tops shopping trip #1

2 Rice Krispie treats $2/5 - used $1/2 coupon and doubler coupon = $3 
(I don't normally eat these, but plan on drizzling them with chocolate for a camping trip this weekend - plus they have "tokens" on them for a free movie pass when you collect 5)
Italian Bread  $1.50 - used coupon I found in the store for $2 off bread when you buy 2 Rice Krispie treats = + .50
Sprite 2 liter  $1.50 - used $.50 coupon that doubled = $.50
2 PopSecret popcorn  $2.89 B1G1 free - used $1/2 and a doubler coupon = $.89
Smoothie Kits (found in the produce section)  $2.99 B1G1 free - used 2 $1 coupons and a doubler coupon = free
Toll House refridgerator cookies $2.50 - used $1 coupon and a doubler coupon = $.50
Baking cups = $.79
Home grown tomato (for a tomato sandwich -yum!) and pepper (for some hummus I bought yesterday) =  $1.42
Total for all 12 items was only $8.20! (before savings price was $27.58)


Target shopping trip

Tide Stain release (I am hooked on this stuff, it makes the laundry smell sooo good!) $3.99 - used $1.50 Target coupon and $1 coupon = $1.49
2 Tide detergent (single load found in trial section) $.99 used 2 $1 coupons with no size exceptions = free
2 Rite Guard deodorant (trial size) $.82 - used $1.50/2 with no size exceptions = $.14
6 Whiskas cat food $.57 - used 3 B1G1 free coupons = $1.71
Now, do you see that super cute cooler tote in the back?  This is where my shopping trip went astray...which happens EVERY time I walk into Target.  Target, why must you force me to spend money at your wonderful store?  I "talked" myself into buying it because I would "need" it for camping this weekend and I would "need" it for adventures with the kids... anyway, because of this cute addition my shopping adventure went from $2.12 to $20.27.  It's really cute though, right?

Walmart shopping trip

Oh, how I dread shopping at Walmart... but sometimes with the deals they have I can't stay away.
2 Skintimate and 2 Edge shaving gels (all came with a free razor too :) $2.24 used 4 $1 coupons = $1.24 each
Lysol Neutra Air - on rollback for $6 used $4 coupon = $2
Airwick Freshmatic - on rollback for $6 used $4 coupon = $2
Nivea lotion $5.97 used $3 coupon = $2.97 (more than I would normally pay, but a good deal for Nivea, plus I love this lotion and am almost out of it)
Tucks pads $2.74 used $3 coupon = $.26 moneymaker (No, they are not for me!  Haha :)  I will put these with my donation pile... besides I got paid to buy them!)
5 PostIt pads $1 used 5 $1 coupons = free (will also donate these)
2 Clean and Clear facewash trial size $.97 - used 2 $1 coupons = $.06 moneymaker
2 Degree deodorant trial size $.97 - used 2 $1 coupons = $.06 moneymaker
10 Whiskas cat food $.55 used 5 B1G1 free coupons = $.27 each
3 Dole Mandarin oranges $.78 each used $1/3 coupon = $.45 each
3 Dole pineapple $.72 each used $1/3 coupon = $.39 each
Total at Walmart = $16.95 (before savings price was $52.43)

Those toothbrushes in the front were purchased at Rite Aid last night...
$2.49 each  used a B1G1 free coupon (that took off $3.49 for some reason) and a $1 coupon =  $.49 for both, plus I will get back $1 from Rite Aid's single rebate checks and these apply to their rebate for a $5 gift card when you spend $15 on dental products)

Family Dollar shopping trip

Wisk is on sale this week at Family Dollar for $4 - bought 2 and used 2 $3 coupons from this week's newspaper - 2 bottles of laundry detergent for $2 - not bad!

After all that shopping, I headed off to Dunkin' Donuts for a pick-me-up and got my free iced coffee with the card I got in the paper this week (free medium coffee on Wednesdays)... now give me a good reason not to use coupons!

No comments:

Post a Comment